I saw this blog tutorial for a gathered raceback t-shirt, made from t-shirts you already own and decided I was going to transform all my old t-shirts and race shirts that are HUGE, that way I can wear them again.
Original Blog here.
You can use a sewing machine or just a needle/thread. There is very little sewing involved, I promise. :)
![]() |
| My t-shirt. |
![]() |
| 1. Cut collar off. |
![]() |
| 2. Draw how deep you want the shirt to be. Remember it will draw up. |
![]() |
| 3. Cut out new collar. |
![]() |
| 4. Cut off sleeves. |
![]() |
| 5. You will need to make the shoulder/new sleeves. |
![]() |
| 6. Shirt with 'new' sleeves, you want the straps pretty thin. |
![]() |
| 7. Use extra fabric to create the 'strap' for the back. I pinned mine together before sewing. I just used fabric from the sleeves. |
![]() |
| 8. Sew a hem line across the bottom. Again, you can hand sew this as well. |
![]() |
| 9. (Sorry about the shirt change). Now find where you want the shirt to gather in the back. I ended up cutting the back in to a 'V' shape as well. It's not as tight around the neck this way. |
![]() |
| 10. Place your fabric strap around the back sleeves. You will have to sew the two sides of the strap together now. |
![]() |
| 11. Then cut excess fabric off. |
![]() |
| Finished product. This is an actual technical race shirt, so you can use this kind of fabric or just regular cotton. |
![]() |
| Back. |
![]() |
| Also showing you a cotton shirt. |
![]() |
| Back. |
















No comments:
Post a Comment